Friday, August 15, 2008
Crawling with the famished dead.
I meant to elaborate on the plagiarism statement in the chatbox, but as many of you know, that damned thing rarely works. Jesus H, it makes me say. Dick damn, it makes me say, and lots more aside from that, to the point that Sarah now refuses to speak the language I've so abused and chatters solely in a cross between Esperanto and Pig Latin that her brother developed in the seventh grade.

Speaking of, I've been considering sending out a slew of resumes under false names. The least ridiculous claim on these resumes would be that I am bilingual, Engl/Pgltn.

Also I stupidly began playing a mud-like thing here, which thankfully limits your turns each day so that you can only waste about twenty minutes. It's no Nirvana, thank god.

Let's see: that plagiarism girl. Yes. The strange thing is, I'd thought she was one of my few brilliants. The stranger thing is, she cited on her references page the article she copied and pasted more than 80% of her paper from. So she's either incredibly underinformed about academia (which seems unlikely, considering this class is at the top of the composition progression) or just incredibly sloppy/overconfident. Still haven't decided what to do about it exactly. I've only gotten so far as turning the copy/paste material blue on the electronic copy, which was easy enough, as she hadn't bothered changing it from gray in the first place.

Check out this house a few doors down. It looks plain enough in daylight but at night the spotlights burn and I'll be damned if it's not crawling inside with the famished dead.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com