Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Singularity School
Ray Kurzweil has convinced NASA and Google to fund a "Singularity University" where eggheads will go to figure out how we can avoid a Terminator/Matrix style demise.

I am in favor of this university, in theory, because it could be that their research will help determine what kinds of supertech could be safe, and what kinds could be skynet. But, I am more in favor of loomsmashing.

Because, if the computers are smarter than we are, what makes us think we can outsmart them, even if we have a three year head start? Don't think, just smash.

Yesterday morning I was scanning the radio for something to listen to and I happened to notice that at least three of the morning hosts were discussing Michael Phelps and his bong picture. This is news? No one cares that Obama's entire cabinet forgot to pay their taxes, but by golly we're absolutely livid about Phelps taking a hit.

Wtf?

KEVIN: I got your voicemail, but my phone is currently MIA. I am totally phyched about taking a trip--April, next week, I don't care when. I just want to get out of Des Moines and I'll take any excuse I can find.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com