Sunday, June 19, 2011
Vidja Games
So I'm sitting on my porch smoking my cigarette at 4:30AM, which is like 2:00PM for you normal people out there. I purchased the game Child of Eden today. Partially because it looked cool, but mostly to justify owning a Kinect. I had read some reviews of the game and had fairly high expectations of it but upon starting it up was instantly blown away. There are a few extremely short tutorials that you barely need right away but once they were gone I was immersed. This is the first time a Kinect games has actually pulled me into the game. Instead performing an activity and watching an avatar mimic you somewhat, you actually are in the game. It is essentially an on rails first person shooter where you can lock on to targets with your right hand and shoot at them with your left. As you play through the beautiful backdrops you feel like you are actually in control of the world around you. The story is too goofy to explain but it doesn't matter. I've not had this much fun gaming in a long time. I wouldn't buy a Kinect for it but I certainly am glad to have purchased this game.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com