Thursday, June 03, 2004
'Tis I, the Incan God of Wiffle Ball!
Greetings, Bloggians.

This afternoon I will once again be venturing into the wilderness of Des Moines. I turned down the $7 an hour bookstore job because, although it would involve books and . . . books, $7 is the lowest wage I've seen offered anywherein Des Moines, and so I'd like to at least try for something a little better. Plus, I can't imagine having any trouble finding a $7 job in that town. Today I'm going to stop by Aldi's, since they have a help wanted up and pay 9 and change for clerks, 15 and change for ass managers. Not that I want to work in a grocery store, but for nine 9 bucks I could do it for a while. I had been considering an $8 janitorial job but it went away right before I seriously enquired. If anyone hears of other decent employment in the area, let me know.

Checked out a one-bedroom in Injunola but it didn't have a shower. So I let that go. Dreamt last night that I was living in Bil's old apartment, except it wasn't the actual old apartment so much as some goofy dream-creation. There was at least a Taco John's nearby.

Wells: hope you're having a good burthday. The trio of goth prostitutes should show up around seven.

I heard that a bunch of us were ejected from Kum & Go last weekend. Then I heard that said ejection prompted Mary to watch recent surveillance tapes, and then I heard there was a meeting and thenI heard that Kevin and I were named as Loiterers of the Highest Order, with Keven having additional status as some sort of Loitering Grand Dragon. Also, he's banned from the store after eleven. Somehow I escaped the exile.

I . . . suppose that's it.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com