Friday, October 28, 2005
Words that come out of my mouth, and what's happening in my brain
Here's a little story for you all. A story of me humiliating myself in front of everyone. (Not that that doesn't happen very often.)

It all starts in class. I was sitting at my desk, sort of working when my professor comes over to ask how our efforts to drum up subjects for our upcoming testing is going.

My verbal response looked like this: "It's going good, we're lining up a few testers, ..."

I pause, I don't feel tester is appropriate. Mainly because this is flashing in my head: employer, employee. Tester = employer, so tester = me. Employee should =

And out of my mouth, "testees." Everyone laughs and I wonder why for a moment.

So much for thinking before you speak...

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com