Wednesday, February 01, 2006
flux capacitor: some assembly required
Here's something I haven't done in awhile: I had this really weird dream last night...

We begin at present day. I'm doing my grad school thing when I figure out how to mentally time travel (think twelve monkeys). I can't remember if I had a choice about where I went, but I went back to the early days of college.

This is a very different college than most of us remember. For some reason I built an alternate timeline of what happened. We all lived in the dorms for about a semester, and now it was the end of our freshman year. There were some nice apartments I'd found.

My thoughts were, "Okay, I'll play here, relive some stuff, go back." I didn't think I could screw anything up until I took in a puppy.

In the dream I recalled that I had been offered the puppy, but didn't take it. I couldn't at the time. I didn't want a dog. But I took it this time around. All the lessons I learned from sci-fi told me I'd altered the timeline... I'd have to be careful to make sure I could even get back to where I was originally.

Of course I couldn't help but hint at everyone's eventual future 5 years from that point... People looked at me weird whenever I'd start on about something, since I'd often be remembering how things even were back then...

And that's when the tiger showed up. It didn't eat or maul any of us, but it tried, that's for damn sure. Needless to say I don't think I got back to a present that I recognized, I botched things pretty seriously. I got a faithful companion out of the deal though (even if the puppy pee'd on me...) I was also wrong about being able to just pop back to the present. I had to relive the whole thing, or in this case, relive something new.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com