Friday, February 17, 2006
The Hobo Life
This could be the day I lose my job!

Yes!

This all started when I was asked to compile a table displaying the number of research assignments, including statistics for number per day, week, month, and all that that I'm asked to write. Then, surprised that I was only being asked to do 0-3 a day, they asked what kind of stuff I'm being asked to research (filmmaking opportunities in Des Moines!). Then they asked me to start keeping a log of what I do here, with entries every 15 minutes. Then they asked me to go back and chart business for the past 15 months!

Then they told me they might phase out this job after April! Then they told me to write a training manual for it in case they gave the job to someone else! Then yesterday they asked me and Kathy if we'd be here today, and if not, how to get hold of us! Then they asked me to meet with my boss and the head devil lady who was disappointed with how little work we actually do, today at 1:30, in her office. (I hear the office has a pit full of rusty edged weaponry.)

Anyway.

The Outer Limits was not as wondrous as I'd hoped; I forgot how hokey the show was. But then, some (or many) things in the SF universe are wondrous FOR their hokiness. And looked at that way, the DVD wasn't so bad. Even though some of the stories didn't make sense (would a mid-40s paraplegic who'd never been laid ACTUALLY turn down a luscious young sexbot who could fuck him AND do the dishes?).

I awoke to find an empty unused mattress on the living room floor. Someone hauled it out of Spooky Wignall's dungeon, through the shower room, through Spooky's Tap, up the stairs, through the kitchen, through the dining room, and into the living room—for naught! Ah ha ha!

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com