Saturday, December 23, 2006
Just because I need to write this down
I had a dream last night that has been weirding me out all day long. For one, every time I replay it in my head it goes back through other things I could swear I've dreamed about other nights. So I'm not really sure where the breaks in dreams are anymore...

The second reason is because andy sings odd songs. I was working in a women's prison. I started off as a guard on the ground floor. minimum security. The rest of the floors were below ground, each of the six or seven floor layouts were square, a ring of cells around a bottomless pit. Each level you went down, the worse the inmates got. The odd part about this was that reality kept changing. If I was walking along the south wall, it looked like I was outside, the ceiling disappeared and it was a nice summer day in a field behind a warehouse that just happened to be a prison next to bottomless pit. If I were walking along the north wall, a catwalk would appear cutting a path across the abyss on each level. If along the west wall, ramps to go between the floors. If along the east, the bars over the cells turned into glass walls.

At some point I figured out I was to do more than just be a guard and was given a long chain that had colored metal weights towards the end of it. I tied it off from the entry on the ground floor and climbed down to keep an eye on the inmates at the lowest level. The chain hung out far enough they couldn't get to me. I watched, hanging on until my shift was over, then climbed back up. But before I could climb over the railing at the top, I had to pull the chain up. I managed to wedge myself in a corner (a la spiderman) propping myself up by the railing, and slowly pulling the chain up with another guard hauling in what I pulled up. Finally the end of the chain came and the helper guard stopped helping. I was holding onto the weights and holding myself up. I kept pleading with them to haul the rest over, cause I didn't think I couldn't pull myself over the rail after all that. All I could see were the colored weights dangling over the pit... then remembered my arms were getting tired and I was going to fall in soon. They finally hauled the chain in and me, but I was ordered then to walk down to the bottom level... unarmed...

I get down there to find this withered old witch with bug eyed minons yelling at me. The other inmates cleared a path to her for me. I thought I'd be killed the moment I set foot on the floor. But instead I have this crazy woman cackling things I probably should have remembered... They seemed important at the time... She led me to an empty cell, had me open the door and then handed me a shrunken head. I picked the shriveled thing up by the hair. She pointed into the cell. I tossed the head in and the door shut.

Then my phone rang and I got up...

Moral of the story: when a witch tells you something, you better remember...

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com