Tuesday, May 08, 2007
High Ceilings
This goes back something Andy was talking about recently and a couple of things I've noticed as well.

What Andy was talking about were monks who created this system of memory where they created a library for themselves in their minds. Filling it in an organized way with things they needed to remember as a kind of mental training. They could then recall these things at will.

I want to note I haven't been able to really focus lately. Every time I try to start working, I immediately distract myself with anything I can find, or stare at the wall.

I also recall a recent story about how churches, or really any room with a high ceiling can up mental focus. Specifics elude me as does the link to the article, but the idea was that the space was not confining, and the large scale of the room lead to enhanced spatial thinking.

I'm sitting in design. Vend-o-land specifically. Staring up through the atrium roof.

I like high ceilings, and I have to say I'm focusing a bit more. But not quite enough to keep me from writing this though.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com