Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Dear Blog
Dear Blog,

Today I got my first zit. It's just below my ear and is shaped sort of like a pumpkin that has fallen from a great height. If smaller zits rise up around it, then it will appear as if the pumpkin's seeds have scattered upon impact.

Dear Blog,

What is going on? I will give you the answer. The answer: nothing. No posts since, what, Thursday? I thought with Dave back in Iowa, this place would be as bustling and excitable as an injured grandmother trying to crawl through a mess of fire ants.

As many of you know, I am right now--at this very moment!--in Minneapolis. Next weekend Sarah's leaving for LA, to stay for a while with someone we knew in college (Andrea, or, Banandrea), so I've been here a while (since Saturday). As soon as it opens at ten, I'm going to check out this wonderful used bookstore. Well, never mind. I don't know how to do links on Sarah's computer. For some reason, the little linky button is gone. But rest assured, the bookstore's great. Great.

While here, I've managed to fall asleep every night at midnight and wake up everyday at eight o'clock. Yes, it seems un-sane. Yes, it is amazing. But now that it happens, I'm sort of frustrated, because here are my top two considerations for summer job, assuming I ever actually get one:

1) Package Handler, UPS. 3:30 - 8:30 AM, M-F. Benefits: decent pay, not a full-time commitment, dedicated termination date in early September. Pitfalls: weird fucking time. Do I sleep before, or after? Do I bring food? And what the hell do you wear as a package handler? Also: not much income, basically just enough to cover rent and buy a couple malted milks down at the shake shop.

2) Night Auditor, Shady Local Hotel, midnight (?) - 8 AM. Benefits: decent pay, full-time paychecks, bizarre hours in the dead of night when the only customers will be zombies, the undead, and roving serial killers. Pitfalls: Again, when do I sleep?

It is confusing. But: ah well. I plan to return to Ames late tonight or at a decent time tomorrow, hooray. I have questions for Dave. These questions: are your Colorado minions going first to Albia, or directly to Des Moines? Or: to some other strange location? Also, how was Rominger when you saw him? He's sending me strange, enigmatic emails.

This post has gone on too long, and obviously I am bored while Sarah is at work.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com