Wednesday, February 20, 2008
The Pile
Cricket-san, that link is an excellent link. I'm tempted to buy some of those things; particularly, the variable-dollar voyage and the homeless dinner. Who knows? It will probably depend on a complicated equation of how drunk I get in the future and whether or not I am reminded of that site.

Last weekend was our school's Wildness Symposium. What is the Wildness Symposium? you ask. (I can hear you asking it, on my expensive noise-cancelling headphones, which are plugged into the stereo that is wired to the surveillance system I have installed in your homes.) Well, it is a tree-hugging hippy conference at our school that has something to do with our creative writing department. I am largely uninvolved but did sit at our magazine's table for one panel discussion on climate change. The table was in the back of the room and the tech kid who was recording had to slip behind my table every ten minutes. Finally he asked if he could have one of the promotional honey sticks we were giving out. Of course I said yes.

If you are wondering why our program is associated with the Wildness Symposium (this one I can't hear on my headphones), the answer is, because our program is full of bearded people who care greatly about the environment.

The only environment I care about is the environment of the Cozy Rest on SE 14th, where I regularly meet your mothers and sisters and girlfriends, on a rotating basis.

I'm excited because Thursday mornings are when I meet

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com