Monday, May 19, 2008
I just get my feet and put them on the floor
Shit cocks. I have a demo reel due Tuesday. Well, it's the last review of a demo reel. After this week, I have to touch up anything wrong with it. No more things to add to it, no more BSing frames... it's go time, as one would say in a pool within Lovilia at 1230 am with goofy-ass goggles.

I came to this school four years ago with dreams of being the person I am today, and here I am: the person I wanted to be four years ago. Bitter, easily coaxed, popular to an extent, and a firm grasp of who I am. I remember several nights after moving here initially wondering if I made the right choice coming all the way out here. I can tell you, yes I did.

I finally got rid of Jaime, I believe. She moves off to Fort Benning, or has...not too clear on the details there. I realize now that one of the determining factors of me being in Denver was her. I had to get the fuck away from her tentacle-like grip and stop having easily funnel of funds go her way. Now she's married to Ricky and is preggers again, and I DON'T HAVE TO BASE MY LIFE AROUND DRIVING HER ANYWHERE.

So it goes.

I have had some interesting conversations in the last couple days with people I trust and listen to. This cartoon, the one I keep talking about, HAS to be done. That is my goal in the next six months, and I am *gasp* going to focus on this solely! No other distractions besides social outings and work. Toon Boom only costs $150 for a legal copy, and I have fallen in love with the damn thing. The time of talk is over, it is doing time.

I think everyone should take a moment and think, "What do I like to do, and what do I want to do the rest of my life and get paid for it?" Whatever it is, figure it out. Seriously. I'm going to be drawing the rest of my damn life, no doubts about it. I hope some of you will be writing the rest of yours, or start filming, or coding, or whatever other sinful things can be done with engines.

No image macro. Just go and be happy. I sure am.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com