Tuesday, November 11, 2008
If only I had a penny.
I have a post that isn't a bloody dream! I downloaded the demo for Mirror's Edge. Action game, more running, jumping sliding, occasionally falling to your death than shooting. The controls are a little different, but in terms of immersion, it's pretty impressive. Movement feels so smooth, which along with the bouncing of the camera in tune with the player's motion I expected fully to get motion sickness from (much like Dark Forces and Half Life I & II (also see the penny arcade comic on the demo)). Ultimately my focus was on the path I'm going to take next to pay too much attention. Of course that's only the demo, who knows if playing the game longer would result in what my grandma would call up-chucking.

The other side, is if the player has a fear of heights, they may not want to play on bigscreen tv's or through projectors. Otherwise pretty awesome.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com