Saturday, March 07, 2009
The End is Nigh!
Well my work place just started the voluntary layoffs. What's that you ask? You can willing be fired instead of quitting. What madness is this? It means I can have a week off, collect unemployment and still keep my job if things get bad enough that they've reached that point to save money. Which is better than just being fired which can still happen. I've seen guys who have been there eight and twelve years get canned over the past few weeks. If that does not scare the crap out of ya then you must be in the top 1% of rich people in this country that denounce there citizenship to skimp on taxes or you're in Obama's cabinet.

Not enjoyable in the least but there is still hope to retain some kind of employment even as we hit rough patches and I hope the rest of you office jockeys have some kind of security like this instead of just being cast out into the world. Perhaps that's why there are so many blockbusters coming out this year. A national distraction for a few hours at a time. Now if only movie theaters could get some bailout money so I don't have to take out a loan to buy popcorn and a small diet coke.

Star Trek trailer during Watchmen got me excited. Its other trailers gave off a stardate 90210 feel, but the action in this one drew me in. Now I want to know what the heck is going on and what kind of crazy twist did J.J. Abrams add. Lt. Uhura is so fucking hot.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com