Thursday, March 19, 2009
Travel
Thought I'd say hello. I'm fiddling around with various bits of software and waiting for WoW downloader to get the damned next patch pulled so I can shut it off.

I have some new advice to anyone thinking of traveling out of the country and not being independently wealthy. If you say you are doing touristy stuff but don't have a list of intended destinations you'll win extra scrutiny. That or the agent just felt like a game of "Screw with the American". Not going to elaborate on that till I'm back on my home connection though at the time they were vastly more interested in my paper than in my digital materials so they probably wouldn't notice. Running with the paranoia though just to be sure.

Going to see some sort of student produced show this evening, not sure what about yet. Hoping its not too painful as it sounds like its going to be longish. Also managed to get in to see Watchmen last Sunday. Got my host to go along and got a positive review from someone that had no previous knowledge of the story. No sniggering about nudity here which also had me wondering about differences in editing. They seem to be more relaxed about sex but harder on violence. This was really brought home when I was flipping channels and saw an animated program talking about sex ed of the female form and they were very thorough. So I did wonder if we saw a longer Archie sequence but less somewhere else as it didn't seem as long as they claimed.

That's about it for now from the UK, going to go back to fiddling with my potential webspace. Ta for now.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com