Friday, January 29, 2010
The body was exhumed in near-perfect condition
INTRODUCTION: I'm writing this in as response to Dave's recent plea for posts.

SCIENCE FICTION: Since I'm gearing up to write my science fiction
epic, BREEDING TO DEATH II: BACK IN THE SADDLE, I decided to read some
SF over the next few weeks. I bought the 2007 Year's Best and, like
usual, it has a few really strong pieces buried in several
good-but-not-amazing stories. Here's a description of the best so far:
the Nazis have won the war, which is a bit played out, yes, but they
win because the Pacific Ocean is impassible, the Japanese thus weren't
able to bomb Pearl, and the US never got involved. So anyway, in the
present, the victorious Germans launch an expedition across the
Pacific in a monstrous airship, and find progressively weirder islands
as they cross impossible lengths of water.

Pretty great!

There are a few other strong pieces, one including a deranged
artificial intelligence running surgical equipment on a hospital ship.

Also in SF news I started playing Mass Effect. Has anyone else messed
with this game?

DINNER: I'm making orange-marinated tilapia and coconut rice.

AT WORK TODAY: I got a white board. It was covered in a grid of
electrical tape. After, the best thing I could get to remove the
residue was cooking spray. The office smelled like making pan pizza at
the Hut.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com