Sunday, January 17, 2010
Here's a story I wrote for you.
Sarah helped with the ending.

One day a bunch of dinosaurs decided to collaborate on dinner. They
visited the local grocery together with a thirty-dollar budget. "That
won't buy us much," said the red dinosaur. "It's okay," said the
triceratops. "I brought some coupons. Here." He brandished a sheaf of
half-off tabs. "We just have to be careful about what we get."

And so they were. Fish was entirely out. So was that fancy cheese that
the pterodactyl loved to grate over everything. Instead they bought
pasta, tomatoes, some garlic. A jar of olives and a package of
chicken. They shopped so well that they had enough left to splurge on
a loaf of fancy bread and a 7-dollar bottle of red wine.

But at home the oven was broken. "Jesus Christ," said the
velociraptor. "I hope somebody brought a charcoal grill."

"I keep one in the trunk of my car at all times," said the brontosaurus.

"I hate it when things taste like smoke. And how will we boil the
angel hair noodles?"

"In a pot," said the brontosaurus. "You just need any old pot, it
doesn't have to be something special—"

"We're going next door," said the velociraptor, whose kitchen they
were in. "I'm sleeping with the neighbor. She'll let us use her oven."

And she did.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com