Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Drunken bafoonery
I have recently been reading the book The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and other stories. Jekyll and Hyde was ok, but I just came to a story in this book called Thrawn Janet. To me it is worthless as I can't make any sense of the damn thing. Random thing that Stevenson would apparently refer to as a sentence: "Mr. Soulis, he hardly kenned why, ran after him; but he was fair forjeskit wi' his walk an' the het, unhalesome weather; an' rin as he likit, he got nae mair than a glisk o' the black man amang the birks, till he won doun to the foot o' the hillside, an' there he saw him ance mair, gaun, hapsetp-an'-lawp, ower Dule water to the manse." How did this story ever get published and what the hell does it all mean? Is this the language of the Amish or the Devil?

In other news, I hate looking for jobs but desperately need to find a new one. I've been looking a little bit in Des Moines, but I need to start looking there even more. Also, I need to visit everyone in DSM again soon for some type of drunken bafoonery. Hopefully I can line up a visit with some job interviews. More on this later...assuming said imaginary job interviews join me in what I call reality. On that note, I should probably just go join them in what I call the imaginary world and get some sleep. I recently applied for a job that pays $70,000 a year, starting salary. What an imagination I have!

I leave you with a poem by Henry Gibson, entitled, "Ostriches are not clumsy"

Ostriches, when they mate and such,
Frolic with a gentle touch.
They're cautious when it comes to sex,
One false move, they'll break their necks!
Imagine!

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com