Saturday, March 27, 2010
God Called:
He said he wants to see you in his office right away. Cause you're fucking fired!

I'm a little late to the Health Care party, but I wanted to throw my three-fifty into the pile. Considering that I spent the past year and a half without health coverage and actually needed it on a couple of occasions, I was selfishly hoping the bill would pass. I don't know how its going to effect the country as a whole, but I think there are thousands of individuals who will benefit greatly. My sister and I would have benefited from it this past year.

I never did try to get health coverage because I didn't think I would need it. Last year my sister was dropped from my parents insurance and she tried to buy her own coverage. She was denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition. The pre-existing condition they cited was a heart murmur she had repaired when she was 14. She hasn't had any problems since, but if something were to happen today, she would be screwed. I thought the denial was total bullshit, and it makes me feel better knowing that they won't be able to pull that kind of crap anymore.

I can sympathize with the people who are uneasy about socialization of health care, but its a bit too late to get all puritan capitalist up in here. After all, we've already got socialized education, a socialized police force, and a socialized space program. I'd much rather see my tax money going toward someone's cancer treatment than a taser, or a new toilet on the space shuttle.

I don't know the details on the abortion thing, but I suspect it's all FOX NEWS' fault that people are upset about it. Someone needs to take Glenn Beck off the air before he has half the country convinced that all the democrats are possessed by satan. Shit, its probably too late already.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com