Saturday, February 26, 2011
Pretty Much Just a Bunch of Photos from Orlando
I have a headache. Damn! I have a headache. Actually it's only a small one, a little thumping below the apex of my skull. I think it's related to caffeine. Who knows?

I have been very productive today, but in an annoying way. I have worked on a lot of projects. I have edited reviews of magazines for a small online publication. I have emailed people. I have done all this while a piece of paper flaps and crinkles on the bulletin board where it is pegged. All this time the noise of it has pissed me off and maybe caused this headache, and all I'd have to do to stop it is to tear it off or retack it. But the idea of actually leaning up, standing up even, to do so is torturous. I think about this kind of thing a lot lately, or maybe I should say I notice it. An example: Friday night while walking to the kitchen I thought, This would be a good time to bring that coffee cup to the dishwasher. But then I thought: Then I'd have to shift my aim by a foot so I could pick it up on my way past the end table. Then I thought: When the fuck did I get so lazy?

I've also felt lazy lately because I haven't blogged much here. I actually haven't blogged much anywhere. I asked myself what to blog about here and couldn't come up with anything and then I thought, I'll spew a bunch of photos, chosen semi-randomly from my library, onto AA. Yes, why not? Here we go:


Probably you're thinking the same thing I thought when I saw this ad in Petco: This cat looks a lot like what Shannon would look like if a curse turned her into a cat. Maybe you're not thinking that. I'm kind of not thinking that anymore. I don't know. What do you think?


This is Sarah wrestling a gator. When Kevin and Shannon were last here, we went to Gatorland, and afterward drank white russians and watched Ernest Scared Stupid. I know: it was awesome.

At Gatorland you are not allowed to feed your or anyone else's babies to the gators:


When Wes came the first time we did not visit Gatorland, but Sarah and Wes did sit on gator statues:


In addition to not going to Gatorland, we did not go to this circus-thing in Fort Myers where you can, I guess, see cats jump through hula hoops:


We now live in an apartment, but when we first got to Florida the only place we could find willing to deal with an unemployed and bearded tenant like myself was this one, owned by a woman who probably did not need the rent, but who had a spare garret above her garage that was going to waste. The house was very large and the other houses were large and were lined with driveways full of SUVs and boats. Many of the houses had pools. One of the neighbors did not like my junky car being parked in the neighborhood. I wrote a story about breaking into his pool area but nobody wanted it. The woman who owned the house moved to San Francisco and then Sarah and I had the garage, and the entire house, in a sense (although of course we were restricted to the strange place above the garage).


Thankfully, now that we've moved we can have a cat:


and we can walk to events that happen nearby. Here is a Where's Waldosque photo of me in the audience at a book release party:

We also hooked up (not like that) with Jon Allen, who you may have met at UNI, and who now lives near here. I almost beat him at Settlers, but he longest roaded my ass into oblivion:

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com