Thursday, March 11, 2004
my plans: shattered like glass
Well, there goes that idea. My supervisor came in today and asked if I could possibly work instead of take my vacation time on SPD week. One of my coworkers inhaled toxic fumes and is all woozy and basically useless, and another one hurt his hip and is off taking physical therapy for two weeks. So, yeah. It's pretty much me and a useless old bastard that sneaks away to take naps in the downstairs offices trying to do the work of 5 people.

This weekend I'm planning on having dinner and spending time with my Grandma, so there shall be no Fallin' Cedars either. That'll probably be my whole Saturday evening.

So I was looking at domains today, and none of the various permutations of my nick are free as a .com. I can't get novowels.com or novo.com or even nvwls.com. Oddly, novowels.com was registered with a British nickreg company on my birthday in '97. I can't remember where I was or what I was doing on my birthday in '97, so it's entirely possible that I registered it while drunk or something and totally forgot about it. I get conflicting reports from various whois sites about when the registration goes up for grabs again, but the later dates are all next year so I might as well just wait for then. Or, I could just go with .org or .net instead of using a .com I guess.

Not that I need a website anyways. A big money-hole, those things! (I used to be 1/3 of the staff of an X-MEN vs STREET FIGHTER website. Fun, but a lot of work after it got semi-popular) I was thinking: we could easily get, atticapartment.com. First of all, I could make a MacHall-esque comic loosely based on us just for practice on sketching, inking, coloring, plotting, and whatnot... That and this blog and our personal sites could be hosted there. Any interest in that? We wouldn't have the ads at the top there and your sites wouldn't have those geocities ads and popups anymore. Maybe a real Message Board too, so we could properly talk about and debate shit. The only real problem (aside from paying for bandwith and shit) is that I don't know if I really want to deal with all the shit that comes with admining a website like that. Er... and shit. I'd be willing to foot most of the bill for us, although if it gets too popular I might be in a little bit 'o financial trouble.

Best quote of last weekend comes from me: Kenny called Friday night and practically begged me and Martin to be in town before 9 on Saturday so he didn't have to go see The Passion with Denise. So, we did. Played Crystal Chronicles and watched some anime. As we were leaving, he thanked us again for coming down.

Me: "No problem Ken. Hey, you know you've got good friends when they'll save you from Jesus."

. . .

Well, heh, I thought it was funny.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com