Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Slave to the System
I've bragged up my new job to most of you. I talked about how nice the paycheck will be and how little work I actually have to do. Also, I think I mentioned that I was able to post on the blog while at work.

Now, I think I'd like to fess up about the shortcomings of my job.

First: Banking is about the furthest thing in the world from where my interests and passions lay. Sometimes, after spending hours talking to people about interest rates and credit, I just want to smash the phone with a fucking nine-iron.

Second: I'm all for foreign peoples coming to America. America was built on people from other countries coming here in search for opportunity. However, when those people want to do things like, I dunno, apply for a loan. They sure as shit better be able to speak and understand ENGLISH!

Lastly, and this one really pisses me off: I am not a fucking telemarketer. I'm not going to call someone who no longer needs a loan and attempt to convince them that they do need a fucking loan! "Yes, sir, I understand that your Mother loaned you the money, but won't you need to pay her back?"
Not only that, but they send me people who only wanted overdraft protection for their checking! They don't want a loan!
And I'm ashamed to admit that I have sold such people on these loans.
And I'm probably going to hell for it.

I should have listened to Thoreau when he said "Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com