Wednesday, April 07, 2004
Recently...
My hair was cut by my grandmother. I'm told I got mega-brownie points for visiting her though maybe not quite so big of points as Wes for taking the GF by there. Oh and its the shortest its been in nearly seven years, something like this. (What you think I'd pick an unflattering photo?) The thing I'm most surprised at is I am generally satisfied with the haircut. Can't remember the last time I wasn't uncomfortable with the change.

I put in an application and ran through the interview process with Wells Fargo as proposed by Andy. If I get hired, if it sucks worse than Target, if the mood of Andy's posts about the job are truly accurate; then Andy had better be in Aspen or farther and gaining westward ground swiftly. As is interview was last Friday, before I went into work all night at Target for the three nights following. Wow feels like longer, supposedly I'll be informed of decision in a week and some change. First job interview where I had no real interest in yes/no, as long as they tell me something.

Sunday night I worked planogram at Target at the team leads request. This was a truly mind numbing sort of find product sort almost identical objects out by number and try to find where they go on empty shelves that supposedly are numbered. Conversely it has a range of light heartedness and ease that is lacked in all other areas. She asked if I'd like to join the team long term. This physically staggered me and I think the expression that must have crossed my face took her back a second. I babbled something about not wanting to remain at Target much longer but I'd much rather be in her team if I am to be overnight. She was going to look into it, I could really see some of the other overnight team leads throwing up roadblocks about losing manpower but they've not been utilizing me to the extent they could of. Other benefit of plano is they tend to work Sunday to Thursday so I might actually stop hating weekends.

Contemplating a trip to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I'm told if I don't go myself a relative might drag me that direction. A cousin up there has some contacts in realm of theatre that might be able to help me get a foot in the door.

Last thought of post. My overall overnight boss , well actually I guess I ran into store manager too, both I could almost sense a raise in their asteem of me based on the lack of hair. Sad how much appearance seems to play into perceptions that such a small change can lead to a readable difference in behaviors... and now I go away.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com