Friday, July 22, 2005
I have a very important announcement to make....
I JUST PEED IN THE POOL!!!!

WHOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Some mornings, especially mornings when I come in to work fifteen minutes late and still drunk from the night before, I feel like I hang precariously between being a valuable, productive member of society and being a worthless drunken degenerate.

And that's okay. Because, you know, I really don't want to be either one of those things.

A great man, and my personal hero, once said, "If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a spectator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen."

What we do determines who we are. So if I want to be something beautiful and rare, then I need to do beautiful and rare things. Can I do beautiful and rare things? And if I am even capable of the beautiful and rare, am I still capable of them while working for Wells Fargo?

Am I willing to risk all of the personal comfort and security Wells Fargo (or any similar company) can offer me, for the opportunity to be beautiful and rare? Do I have the self-dicipline and scrotal fortitute to forsake the cheap thrills for the lasting peace? Am I ever going to figure out what is causing that rash on my arms? What do I want to be?

"Every man is the builder of a temple, called his body, to the god he worships, after a style purely his own, nor can he get off by hammering marble instead. We are all sculptors and painters, and our material is our own flesh and blood and bones." --Henry David Thoreau


What are we all so damn desperate to find anyway? You know what I'd like to find? My memories from last night, cause they are gone--bye-bye!

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday while I was stuck in traffic; it said something like, "We only get one world, let's treat it nice." or something gay like that. And I thought to myself, "Now where could someone put a sticker promoting care for the environment that would be more fucking IRONIC than a car!" A nuclear waste facility perhaps? On the side of a smokestack?

Another sticker concept that pisses me off is the whole "traffic sucks" vein of bumper stickers. These are the ones you see on the back of the SUV that cut you off to get into the exit lane and they say things like "Jesus would have used HIS blinker."

I can't really complain about traffic, though, because yesterday I realized, "Oh wait, I AM traffic."

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com