Wednesday, July 20, 2005
my brain is broken
I'm fucking insomniacal the past couple nights for godknowswhy. Tonight it's because of a recurring dream: I go to the library for a copy of Chuck Palahniuk's Haunted but amazing amazing, CP is there and the library has been turned into a sort of "Haunted" museum, complete with little vidscreens. CP looks more like Marilyn Manson, and is dressed in spookyass garb. The weather outside is cloudy/zombie.

Anyway, the structure of the recurring dream tonight is that each time I fall asleep I go back to this museum where CP/Manson will helpfully immerse me in one of the stories from Haunted (I haven't read it yet, but I hear it's more gross-out than scaryspooky). And he'll sort of be along while I get the shit scared out of me. First "story" was basically about this creature named the Hef or the Hf who sort of...exists on the boundaries of existence. And he's there to check your pride, so that if you say something about how good you are at halo and someone (CP in this case) says something about the Hef and you're like..."what the fuck are you talking about. of course i am superior to whatever that is" then this Chupon-looking blob of ectoplasm will hunt you down.

The last dream/story I was subjected to was ... I show up at the museum and instead of looking like Manson CP looks like a woman, very dark hair and eyes, alluring. And we're leaving--she's sick of fucking with me and I've had enough of her shit. So we're driving down the highway together and enter a town. This cop on the side of the road is idly waving us over, telling us to pull up against the curb, but he's obviously busy himself--there are cars everywhere on the side of the road. We finally pull over in the next town into a little patch of cars and stare up where all the other people are staring...and this middle-aged couple, holding hands, jumps off a cliffface and splatters very graphically into the ground. Thankfully I miss the impact but see the result afterward. I wander off to search for the cop, seeing like...stacks of roasting people with heads intact, and zombie-type creatures crawling/stumbling/pulling themselves toward me in various states of decomp, and then it hits me: this place is zombiefied.

I just want to go to sleep! Fuck. Fuckfuck.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com