Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Belated Apology
Hello.

I debated about this over the weekend, but I think it would make me feel better if I just came clean.

Yes, I was the anonymous commentor from last Thursday who wrote the cowardous insult toward Shawk's post.

Sorry.

In my defense (and in spite of the fact I can't prove any of this) I never intended to insult Shawk, and I certainly didn't intend to do it Anonymously.

I actually thought it was DaveO's post, mostly due to the blocky prose I typically associate with DaveO, and I neglected to read the byline before commenting. It was only after the reaction that I realized who actually wrote it.

I also, to my shame, didn't actually read the post. I just skimmed it, thought of (what I thought was) a witty comment, and decided that crushing DaveO's dreams with repartee was just another day on the blog.

Oh! And as for why I posted Anonymously; that was the result of deleting my cookies and my temporary internet files and whatnot. I had to do a purge of saved internet stuff (for reasons I'd best not disclose here) and I forgot to reinsert my name.

So, take the post, put DaveO's name on the byline, add a few curse words to the body of the text and then replace the comment name Anonymous with Goathead and you get what I had intended. It doesn't seem quite as offensive now, does it?

So sorry for the trouble it caused. Hostile action toward Shawk will cease immediately and belittlement of DaveO will continue as normal. Because DaveO knows he's not REALLY a pathetic waste of non-renewable resources, no matter how often I tell him otherwise.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com