Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Pssst.... Still here...

Hello all, I've managed to find my way back to the blogger, and recover through the depths of the internet my password and all that other jazz. I'm still in the Navy, and living out in California right now, for the next month or so. I'm almost done getting Russian fire-hosed into my brain, and wouldn't you believe it - I'm among the best in my class.

I'm heading out to Maryland on 12 May to start working for NSA, and that should be cool. Unfortunately, I can't ever really write anything about my job, because I'll go to prision for some horrendous crime or breaking articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. But anyway, here's a little run-down of things that have been going on.

As I said, in CA, have been since March of last year, and am learning Russian in Monterey, CA. I acquainted myself with many people here, and am actually (unofficially) engaged, to Aaron, who is going to be an Arabic linguist. I tore up my rotator cuff and a bunch of tendons in my shoulder, so I was in physical therapy forever with that, but am finally better and can get back to swimming and regular working out which makes me happy.

I have met a lot of really neat people here, and yesterday I got to meet a Admiral who was in charge of the Pakistani relief operations after the huge earthquake a few years ago, and works in the Pentagon and is all important and stuff. (I also almost ran over him on my run yesterday which would have been bad)

But other than that, things have been pretty quiet. I'm applying to go to med school 0r get my counseling psych degree in Washington, DC when I get there this summer. Things are going well, but I miss you guys, and apologize for not keeping in touch as much as I should have, but this school is so intense, and that along with military responsibilities keeps me pretty busy. However, I can't wait to hear from you guys and see how everyone is doing. I promise to write more on this now, that I have recovered my access to here.


P.S. Tim (or anyone else for that matter) I just read a book that I think you would really like, it's called "Death's Acre" it's about the body farm in TN, and how it got started and all sorts of cool, macabre things. Also reading "The Lobotomist" which is shaping up to be a good book.


That is all for now :)


0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com