Monday, April 14, 2008
Sad day, and a pick me up.
I've had glasses since I was in the 4th grade. My math teacher noticed I was squinting at the board. Since then, I've bent and scratched up a number of different glasses. Not once though have I ever broken a pair of glasses.

Today that changed. I got home from work, groceries in both hands, laptop bag slung over my neck, sunglasses on, I walk to my apartment and set everything down. That's when I remembered my glasses were hanging from my collar, and were being crushed by my laptop bag's strap.

I release it to find my glasses are now a unique pair of monocles. Swearing fills my home.

I've had those frames since I was a freshman in college. It's like a part of my identity is broken. I now look freakish in old wire frames. Or more freakish depending on your point of view.

I tried a bit of triage and super-glued the halves together, but the world feels a bit... Wonky. Wonky = Nauseating.

To make me happy:

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com