Saturday, June 13, 2009
Time to hide
Right now at 10:33 sitting at my desk hoping against likelihood that nobody will show up for the Saturday morning English GED class. Of my four students, I've had one callout, and nobody is waiting (as they usually are) outside the room. I locked up and left a sticky note and plan to liberally salt my next fifteen minutes with coffee breaks and wanderings to ease the freaking out.

Why does it matter, you ask? Not because it is difficult to teach GED English skills to a handful of people, but because it is wildly annoying to have to teach it to one person and have one other person show up at the very end, who in turn is annoyed because class has ended 45 minutes in because I was able to work one-on-one with the only attendee. And then to have a totally different group show up the next week.

R!

Here's some other news:

Two Fridays ago I felt both romantic and gluttonous and stopped at Whole Foods to buy roses and a pineapple pie and happened to see a sign I could barely believe proclaiming that the frontman for Tool would be in the store the next week (last night) signing bottles of wine from his vineyard. Sarah persuaded me actually to go over there but the line was so phenomenal that we instead went home and ate grilled cheese, watched TV, drank vodka, and finally ordered a pizza. It was just like college! I know it sounds horrible but it was great. Then I abruptly fell asleep at one in the morning, ocean time.

10:37 and nobody's come yet!

Another reason I'm hoping for a no-show is that the company heads are coming to campus Tuesday and we GED people have been asked to almost stage a class for them to see, on short notice, so if nobody comes today I can maybe direct them back here Tuesday morning--although the attend rate will probably not be any higher than it is now, or, worse, will amount to an embarrassing one.

What do you people think of painting walls brown?

What do you think of hamburgers made out of pigs?

What do you think of Left for Dead 2? (I support it.)

Dave, please report here on your encounter w/Shalina. Have you noticed there seems to be a pattern with my exes?

Maybe this is a trait common to all exes?

10:40: I've tempted fate long enough and it's time to hide in the breakroom.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com