Thursday, October 08, 2009
true stories
Here are several true stories. I will save the best one for last:

1) I have lost several items from the library. I have also remembered why I stay far fucking away from libraries. Granted, most of the shit I checked out in the last month is still where I expected it to be, but one CD has like--warped out of its case and two books have crawled into unknown recesses of my car.

2) For a while last week, the cat slept with us almost every night. Now she has started to spend her nights running back and forth down the hall instead. This wouldn't really be an issue, except that I keep waking up wondering when she will start meowing outside the door or trying to burrow her way beneath the door and into the bedroom. SO: last night, well after Sarah had gone to sleep and I decided to brush my teeth, I wondered what to do about the cat. I went to the kitchen to get some water and said loudly to myself, "I shall have to forcibly take her to bed."

Anyway, on my walk to the car today I was thinking about all the awkward social interactions that phrase could cause out of context, when I heard the squealing of tires close by. I turned and saw a shitty silver hatchback sliding hard around the corner half a block off, with its door open. Why is its door open? I wondered. The door was open so that a woman could leap out. The car was still moving and she landed on her feet for maybe a quarter second before tumbling over the curb and into the grass. She then stood and walked toward a bar nearby. The car idled in the street and another car , waiting for it to move, 3-point turned around. The driver of the silver car hugged his head and then rested it on the steering wheel. Then he turned around and drove up to the woman. I went to work.


0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com