Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Several unrelated thoughts, one of which includes the phrase "human-skinning knife"
I swear I just had this conversation with a student: actually I'm not going to transcribe it here, but it was basically like this: student comes in. Says a woman's name. What about her? Is she here? She's not in this office, but her office is right there. (I pointed out the window of our door). But she's not in there. She must be gone then. I need to talk to her. I can give you her email. Or phone number. I need to talk to her now, though. She's not here? That's her office. Let's look at the hours. I lead the student out to the hallway. We look at the hours: she just left for the day. We just missed her, student says. boyfriend says, so I'm supposed to bring you back tomorrow? Student says to me: she's really not here? Do you want her number or email? No, I need to talk to her now. Boyfriend mumbles in Spanish.

. . .

This blog post about the music industry is sort of a random find that's turning out interesting:

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

. . .

Dinner tonight: mac & cheese w/ bacon, peppers, and tomatoes.

Brilliant!

. . .

I am going to write Breeding to Death II: Back in the Saddle for reals, starting next month.

YES!

I will tell you this now: time travel, robots, and a human-skinning knife will be involved.

. . .


0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com