Thursday, March 04, 2010
God bless the little redboxes
Hit up the local Redbox on Tuesday. Other than being harassed by punk kids about my age hanging around outside the local store, back in my day we respected our elders, so I just stood back and waited for them to leave, then grabbed some new release action. Or as it goes in this town, some of last weeks as well because with only ten copies around, it takes time. If you didn't go see this in theaters, then you certainly missed out on something, because I watched it on DVD and I realized this would of been a great popcorn movie in front of the silver screen. The action was good and so was the storytelling, even though it went back and forth from a grand scale to a personal scale a few times, well done transitioning never pulled me out of the story. If you saw "Day After Tomorrow", same director, you will enjoy this one as well. And the high death toll scenes make get ya in the cockles from time to time. Rent it if you haven't seen it, or find it in a second run still playing it if you can.

This was a fun little movie worth the watch at home when you got some free time and don't want to go anywhere. It's just the telling of a story so don't expect a huge revelation at the end, but the way they tell it makes it fun and entertaining. Rent it for a Sunday afternoon with some popcorn and a beer.So after three days of movie watching with my free time, we come to this. It was not even close to what I thought it was going to be. Based on a short story "Button, Button", I thought it all sounded very familiar. This is like something 12 year old Tim would read over the summer break. In fact I'm sure he did and we talked about it on the porch while watching Price is Right. So it was ok by sci-fi suspense standards. Netflix or instant cue it some time.

That's it. Now I'm going to work from the third day in a row with a head cold and eye infections. Most likely from work.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com