Thursday, September 23, 2010
Ninja tea-time in Marengo
I still have somebody's small black notebook, pen, and phone charger. If the owner would like them back anytime soon, let me know your address and I will send them to you via the slow type of mail.

In other news, if anybody is thinking of visiting again in the near future, you should probably hold off. I am officially house hunting and will hopefully be purchasing a home within the next 3.5 months. I'm sure there will be a house party once this occurs, and you will all be invited because we all know there is really only one way to make sure the toilets work well (The reason Amish was not excluded). If anyone is curious, I will be looking for houses mainly in Marengo as it has to be in a pre-defined rural area, set as such by the USDA.

I believe my laundry has finished. Yay clean towels!

I recently bought an Xbox...that's right a regular xbox. The only game I have is Ninja Gaiden. I've almost beat it and I started on Hard. Too bad no stores around here still carry Xbox games and especially too bad that no resale stores have Ninja Gaiden Black. That game was AMAZING(ly difficult).

I just read "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul" by Douglas Adams. It was a quick and entertaining read, although not nearly as good (or as long) as Hitchhiker's Guide. There is a passage that I particularly liked. The character is speaking of a girl spouting out yeseterday's stock market prices continuously and the discussion is about the impossible and the improbable. Listen.
"The idea that she is somehow receiving yesterday's stock market prices apparently out of thin air is merely impossible, and therefore must be the case, because the idea that she is maintaining an immensely complex and laborious hoax of no benefit to herself is hopelessly improbable. The first idea merely supposes that there is something we don't know about, and God knows there are enough of those. The second, however, runs contrary to something fundamental and human which we do know about. We should therefore be very suspicious of it and all its specious rationality."

Oye como va

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com