Saturday, April 07, 2012
The Miniseries
I just watched the hunger games and while it was pretty good it was also rushed. Strange thing to say about a movie that over 2 hours long but it's the truth. The build up was great but they rushed through some of the good stuff. Granted I haven't read the books but I feel like there was probably a great deal more involved with developing the characters. Perhaps in the end it won't matter but it frustrated me.

My initial thought was that perhaps this would have been better suited as a television series, but what you run into with that is story lines being prolonged for no good reason. Then I realized it may be more suited to be a miniseries. With a miniseries you lose the obligations of a set number of episodes that TV shows often require. You also don't have to deal with time restrictions that a movie forces you into. You have as much or as little time as you need to complete the project. I understand from a business perspective why they aren't used as much but really it could be the perfect setting for a book to film adaptation.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com