Thursday, January 08, 2004
Graargh.

This has been a hellacious week. My landlord hasn't been in his office so I still have my January rent check, which I'm fairly ambivalent about. On the one hand, I don't much care as long as he doesn't kick me out or charge me extra for late rent, and on the other I am getting really sick of getting up at 11 o'clock so I can run up to the office and unsuccessfully attempt to open the door to a darkened, locked, building.

Secondly is the weather, of course. Now that it has warmed up, comparably speaking, from the first two nights my car has at least been having no problems. I was worried it was new battery time for a while, but apparently it was just the extreme cold, and it's working fine now. Also, in regard to my work (Master of the Custodial Arts) there is a simple equation for weather like this: Snow + snow-melt + sand x 1000 truck drivers = huge fucking mess. Hooray!

Dave being gone is kinda not kosher, but it really won't affect me until I come up this weekend. It hasn't really sunk in yet. What are the plans for this weekend anyways?

And finally, but probably the worst one, one of my close online friends has discovered very blatant evidence of her father cheating on her mother. Since I've been through something kind of similar, I know there's really not an awful lot I can do about it, and that really tears me up. I really hate feeling helpless and useless. Not much I can do considering she's half a world away, though. I'd really like to smack her dad a couple of times for putting her through this.

This week must end! At least it is Thursday (and payday!) and I am... Hungry. So I shall attempt to hunt up some food.

And why did that article surprise you Andy? I didn't see any new or noteworthy information (unless you count the rather transparent spin the writer put on the raw information). Maybe you were running under that rather common, but mistaken, view that science and religion are at odds somehow. Did you expect there to be no scientists that were religious? I find it amusing that the article spins 40% to be"so many scientists," when compared to the general population (America is like 86%, England is a bit lower) it's a rather startling number.

I don't find "numbers," even numbers of scientists, to be a very compelling argument, though.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com