Tuesday, January 06, 2004
Something that surprised me.

Well, I suppose I should be giving a shout-out to Wellsie. It feels very strange to think that hes not going to be around anymore. I haven't seen as much of Dave in the past few months as I would like. I really don't see as much of any of you as I would like. But for some reason it usually doesn't bother me as much as it does right now.

I hear that you don't really know how much something (or in this case, someone) means to you until you don't have it anymore. I know thats been true for me in the past, and I don't forsee it being untrue in this situation. So I've got to make an apology. Wellsie: I'm sorry I haven't visited you that much this semester. You're one of the rocks in my pond. I swim around a lot, and when I get tired I rest on you for a while. You're always there, and when I swim away I assume you'll still be there when I return. I really wish I wouldn't have swam around so much. I should have rested while I had the chance. Because now that rock is going to another pond, and won't be there when I need it. I'll swim over to the place where it was...and it will be gone. I think thats the point where it really sinks in.

It reminds us of the things we stand to lose in this world. The things we take for granted. The things that won't be there some day.

Luckily, Dave will still be out there. We'll still talk to him online, and he'll be back eventually. We only have to lose him for a little while.
Sometimes we aren't so lucky.

Anyway, sorry for being so sentimental and shit...I must be getting older.
I really just want to say: Dave, we'll miss ya, and can't wait till you're back with us! Hope Colorado meets and even exceeds all of your expectations. I know you can do great if you want to!

And we'll be here for you, all the while. Rocks in your pond.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com