Wednesday, April 07, 2004
Identity Crisis
Have any of you heard that song Rubber Band Man? Its one of the sweetest rap songs I've ever heard. It makes me wanna grab a 40 and a couple of ho's and pimp it up and down my block!

But...then again, so does Tom Petty.

Everyone I know seems to be going through the college-->working world transition and don't it just suck moth balls?!?!? The last thing some poor doped up college student needs is to have to find a job. Then you have guys like Morgan who JUST NEVER TRY! So he has to rely on guys like me who admire his sexy ass to help him out.

Then theres guys like Ryan who skipped out on the college scene all together. I somewhat envy those folk, because they know what they want just about as much as I do. And they probably have about as good a chance of getting a good job. Plus, they don't owe some smarmy university a whole assload of money.

I'm at the point now where even my old goals and aspirations are beggining to turn to ash and blow away in the breeze. How do we really know what we should do with our lives? Is what we want to do necessarily the correct thing to do? What amount of effort is worth getting a certain occupation that you're interested in? What amount of sacrifice?

It often seems to me that I'm not particularly excellent at anything. I may be a fair hand at many different things, but not adept at any one thing in particular. So should I just settle for any ol' job that pays enough to get me by?

As long as I've got good friends to drink my sorrows away with, I suppose I can be content.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com