Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Three Unrelated and Not-All-That-Important Thoughts
The residents of my building got another email today from our exceedingly hip hall coordinator. He's a late-20s/early-30s white guy who reminds me of Schwarte, except in all his correspondnece with us he like . . . well, he's like the dad who walks into his kids room and is like, "Hey, my homie, let's do some coooool things." So far he's used the words 'supafly,' 'bootylicious,' 'peeps,' and many, many more.

Wells, you scurvy dog, that was my first and only shower of the day. I just didn't take it till 9 pm.

I just finished reading an essay about autists for my philosophy class. It's out of a book called 'An Anthropologist on Mars' by neurologist Oliver Sacks, and contains a bunch of essays on various unique cases he's dealt with. The one I just read was about this autistic kid who was a crazy good drawer when most kids were learning to hold a crayon properly. A bunch of other examples were given of people who couldn't really hold up a social conversation or have a complete understanding of the world around them but who were almost eerily able to create music, art, etc.

Get funky!

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com