Thursday, July 08, 2004
Wisdom and Jelly Beans OR Pain and Suffering?
I choose the wisdom, and jelly beans of course.
That is what popped up when I signed into blogger.
Yesterday was a wonderful day.
Then- today came. Which really didn't start out too bad, I kind of slept in a little late, went to work at noon, as scheduled. Wasn't really busy, so didn't make a lot of money. Which sometimes happens, no surprise there. So, I got off work 3 hours early and went home. [insert woohoo here]
There on my kitchen table was a white envelope with the IHCC stampage, and address, etc on it.
Could it be? My diploma? Finally?
I had been feeling slightly dismayed for a while, as Amish had received his 900th car-fixin' diploma and I had yet to receive my AA diploma.
No. It was not my diploma.
It was a letter to tell me that I had really not graduated from IHCC. I had met all credit requirements, but had not fulfilled my mathematics reqs. Yet, my advisor had given me the thumbs up, signed my intent to graduate sheet, and sent me on my way in April.
Those fucks.
So, I sit here in the Indian Hills building at 7:15 pm, registering for a class that will begin on Tuesday, and conclude the 19th of August. So, this means that no going to Minnesota for me, working longer at Pizza Hut than I had expected, and only having 3 days between the end of IHCC classes, and the beginning of UNI classes. Argh.
Oh, and to address Tim and Andy's postings on literature of pain and suffering, here's one that could prove useful. It is entitled Night, by Eli Wiesel. This book is written by a Transylvania Jew who was only 15 when he was taken from his home and was subjected to the usual torture. He watched his mother and sisters be thrown into a furnace/crematory, and he watched his father slowly die over the 3 years they were subjected to Germany's worst camps. [auschwitz, buna, birkenow] And his recollection of D-day. Its a provocative piece of literature, and very powerful, as it is written from a child's point of view, but it is wonderfully written. I own a copy of it, and its no thicker than an owner's manuel for a vehicle. Actually, its probably smaller than that. Its a whopping 119 pages I think, but well worth the read.
And so I end my rant with that.
Hopefully all is well in everyone else's world. I promised Ryan I'd bring SNL's best of Will Ferrell, and some coke for booze mixin, so I'm off.
To all a good night.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com