Tuesday, August 23, 2005
I would like to wake up in a public place, on the grass, just after dawn.

Alyssa notices that I have not blogged yet today. Actually I didblog, but then I unblogged. What I blogged was the photo of Garrett at left, as well as a not-really-humorous story about getting spam email that looked like this:

FROM: Heather

SUBJECT: Add inches to your girth!

and wondering, for a few stupid seconds, why Heather would desire more girth in the world. But of course it was not Heather of HP fame; at least, I don't think it was.

Have you ever heard the Theory of Everything? It's a usually good radio show/podcast. By usually good, I mean that it's entertaining, and may make you think. But there's a lot of pathos in those podcasts. They will make you angsty. The most memorable episode is this phone interview that's maybe 15 minutes long. It's mostly this young woman rambling, with music in the background, about how she used to work as a low-level intern for a government affiliate that catalogued satellite photos from space, and about how she used to be in love with this guy in a tiny band but is sure that they'll be reunited, even after five years apart, because of a dream she had. And the whole time this melancholy/freaky electronic music plays in the background.

"Living in the Moment" and "Grant Application" are both good episodes.

If you listen, tell me if you think the guy's voice is weird as hell.

The MS Office paperclip is giving me these long looks today. He's even more amorous than usual.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com