Monday, November 28, 2005
The Madness
Warren Ellis, on arcane web applications written by people with too much specialized knowledge versus more accessible stuff:

But if the future
of the web as a communications
channel for the arts IS going to
emerge from this Web 2.0 bullshit,
and if the conversation IS going to
be reclaimed from people who think
hermits making Star Wars models
out of autism-medication wrappers
is news, then it's going to be through
little things like this.

. . .

You know how back in the day, sometimes if you did something someone else would say, good job, do you want a cookie or something? I would say that yes, I want a cookie. Who doesn't want a cookie? Does anybody reading this not want a cookie?

Sarah, I hope you have successfully made it back to Cedar Falls. Actually, I hope you have turned around and will be meeting me in Des Moines after work. But since your precious "finishing college" and "graduating in three weeks" is so important, I guess that's not very likely, is it? I guess it's not likely at all!

Sorry, I've got the reefer madness.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com