Thursday, February 23, 2006
I do what the Australian indigenous people in my head tell me to do
I just sent an email to my psuedo-girlfriend that began with "Hey, my mind isn't dirty! It gets cleaned regularly with alcohol."

Today I finally decided to order some Salvia Divinorum. If you don't feel like reading the Wikipedia article I just linked to, I'll just say that Salvia is an Entheogen which means it is used as a sacremental herb in tribal religious ceremony. The tribe, in this case, is the Mazatec indiginous people of the Oaxaca mountains in Mexico. Their Shamans used Salvia to go on spirit journey's and commune with a higher plane of existence. Do you know what that tells me? This stuff must really fuck you up!!!

I'm also considering purchasing Kava for my anxiety problems, and if it works I'm definitely going to suggest it to my sister because hers are twice as bad as mine. Anxiety disorders seem to run in my family and, while I've learned to deal with it without the help of Prozac, I wouldn't mind trying this 'herbal alternative to prozac' just to see if it really works.

If I like Kava enough I might try what some indigenous Australian communities have tried. As you would know if you read the Wikipedia entry for Kava that I linked to, "Some indigenous communities in Australia have banned alcohol from their land, replacing it by the safer kava."
If they successfully replaced alcohol with kava, then that tells me that it also must...yes, really fuck you up!

It might have the added bonus of making my anxiety go away, and it wouldn't give me a hangover, which would be WAYYYYY better than whiskey. Although both might be bad for my liver, the poor bastard.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com