Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Round Two : **THIS IS A SHAWK POST**
So first off, thank you Andy for stepping up. Takes some guts to admit to something especially when the person offended knows your address and has too much free time on their hands. Heh that aside, I knew the post wasn't formatted that well. I gave up fighting with blogger over some attempts to add an image and decided to just hit post.

In part due to the fact that if any of our college friends were interested they only had until today to submit. I figured the information needed to be out there rather than pretty. My bad.

So today we'll give another go after doing some photo wizardry and compressing the images so blogspot doesn't herniate itself loading them.

This is a castle that I smacked into at about Mach one during my first days exploring this realm. Now the point I want to make about the interesting potential of this space is that everything is built by the participants. So this massive thing
was commissioned by some player and built by a player.

Most of us gave the Muds a go at one point. I'm seeing this as a leap or two above that. Its like everyone is on a level playing field and you really are only limited by your imagination and personal skills. All participants have full access to the build, scripting, and imaging tools. I think this could be an interesting place to attempt to hang out some. Especially to the benefit of our distant friends that can't exactly make it down on weekends.

This mech was fully built by me. The scripting was donated by a passing mentor and was open source. It moves about by attaching to your avatar and startles people quite well. The second image is my avatar stalking through one of the sandboxes trying to think of something to build.





















The financial opportunity I mentioned does exist but isn't not necessarily easy to capitalize on. I wasn't claiming this was an easy get rich scheme. But if you can dream up something that others want they can buy it from you. Everyone retains their Intellectual property for anything built, to do with as you like. There are groups right now developing mechanima, games, events, just about anything you can dream up. I think the current money is in the online real estate which is more complicated than I want to explain.

Music can be streamed in as well as video so there are some impressive night clubs that one could go hear live music. So anyhow, I'm not trying to claim its the greatest thing ever but it has a lot of potential for doing some amazing things that no other MMO can do. An idea of that which seems to be along the thoughts of some of our members is that you could shoot a video in SL then stream it back into SL to a ready audience. Or their are several of us that have mumbled about doing some sort of comic strip, I've not seen anyone posting comics in world yet but it could be a definite second outlet for viewing. Just some thoughts.

I'm going to see if I can't make something profitable out of messing with it before the end of the month as an experiment. If it doesn't work I'm going back to the real world job market. If I've managed to spark any actual interest this time around feel free to ask me about it. I've been reading up on most aspects of it. Website is secondlife.com these are the system reqs. Who knows this little hobby could turn into a small income, or just no bigger waste of time than any other game. There, said my piece, formatted said piece, my post quota is complete for the next several months. Shawk out

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com