Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Jep.
WELL.

It has been a while.

I haven't read anything on here for the past couple days, so apologies if this doesn't address any pressing issues. Actually, I haven't read the blog since I posted that bit about Sarah's lj account and the comments and blahblahblah, because I left town and came back to town . . . also I STILL haven't listened to the audio files Dave sent me because I am a bad friend.

Tonight!

Why have I been so busy? Why? It's because I hate all of you. Wait, no . . . that is not it. Last week I spent basically every waking moment listening to the shitty hold music on the DOT phone lines, or my insurance phone lines, or the DMV phone lines, or the treasurer's phone lines, or Wal-Mart Tire Center's phone lines, and I rode the bus all over hell, and now, finally, I have not only a license but a functional car as well.

Amazing!

Here is a sidenote about the bus system here in Des Moines: the quality of the ride significantly decreases with each mile you travel east. I can start in West Des Moines outside Le Chateau and ride in the back with my laptop open and headphones on, tap tapping away, trying to grab free coffeehouse wifi connections at stop lights long enough to load the blog or news pages or emails. By the time I'm downtown I've usually put my ibook away because the bus is crowded and hobos are eyeing me. And then by the time I get east, up by Park Fair Mall, I can barely concentrate enough to read a book because 12 year-olds in the back are arguing over who's the more pure-blooded Puerto Rican, and how can you be fully PR when your mama was half black?

I'm at the library right now. The new one, downtown. They've got a free parking garage in the basement that no one apparently knows about, judging from the number of cars parked at pay meters. The place itself is pretty nice--new furniture, nice temperature, expansive, walls that let you see the city through a gold tint. That last effect would be nicer with a better view, but as it is all you can really see are shitty pick-up food stands and office buildings. Maybe when the dirt outside turns to grass this'll be more pleasant.

Adn there's free wifi.

Anyway, I'm gonna go write a brilliant novel.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com