Saturday, May 13, 2006
Some don't even wear their skin.
HELLO.

Kevin: that sucks. I've never understood policies like that. If an employer reserves the right to schedule you two days or whatever in advance, that's effectively them removing your ability to plan your life. You had this Omaha trip planned for a couple weeks.

At Pizza Hut, the official policy was, your schedule could be changed up until the time it started. So that if I had the day off, I could be scheduled to work at 5 up until 4:59. This is why when my cell phone rang, instead of saying PIZZA HUT on the caller ID, it said DO NOT ANSWER!!!

I'm on the edge of the Mississippi right now. Sarah is asleep on a couch across the room. I've eaten about a quarter pound of cheese today, and some Trappist beer (it's cheaper here). Also, some fish. Also, some more fish. Also, some sesame chicken.

Hmm.

I don't know what to write about, so I'll say something about what I'm reading now. First, Sandman is pretty good. The first time I saw it was years ago, outside Wes's house, and all I could notice was the sometimes-goofy stylized art and the 80's hair and clothes of the characters. But reading it now, the mythology and storytelling is mostly good.

Also, I'm reading The Orientalist, which is a nonfic about a Muslim prince who gallavanted through high society in Germany and other European places during WWII, and who turned out (later) to be a Jewish kid who adopted a false identity to save his life, and turned out much more successful than he could have hoped.

Friday I took my car in to have the brake pads changed. $40, right? And an hour's work. I ended up spending $423. They called my cell while I sat in Caribou, reading about Armenia in the 1800s, and stated rattling shit off: "wires corroded, lines busted, ass bleeding," very Aqua Teen esque (and the cow...jumped over the moon). What was I to do? They tranqualized my brain with their fucking car jargon. "Amish!" I screamed, but there was no Amish nearby, just a hobo and a bike cop.

Hwo does anyone ever save money? Every one I know, as soon as they hole away a few hundred bucks, a jet engine falls from the sky and totals their house. Or, you know, what have you.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com