Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Villain without a hero
I am copy pasta'ing this because I thought this was a nice essay. By myself. I'm not being emo or anything. I was just being deep.

--Villain without a Hero--

I have to admit I am obsessed with the idea of supervillains. The idea of having a super human ability or tendencies and using them for my own wishes is very appealing to me. Villains are nothing more then heroes who have decided to stop helping others and use their talents for their own selfish needs. However, villains, especially arch and main ones, usually have a very justified reason behind their abilities. Think about it: if you can move 10 times the weight of the strongest man in the world, wouldn't you like to just do something for yourself? Villains in this aspect are the definition of nonconformists. They want to do what they want to do and not appeal to the law or those they are helping/inflicting.

I would like to just do something for myself for a change. I mean, why should I constantly try to help everyone and continue to be stomped upon or brushed aside like nothing? I am sick of rules, sick of norms, sick of about 99% of everything that "makes sense." Believe me, if I could crash the Moon into the earth so others would hear my voice, I would. Then maybe I could get my way, or at least some attention that I seem to lack.

Villains always have life shit on them, too. That's probably why they say "fuck y'all! It's my turn to shit on you!" or something to that effect. I don't want to say that I have been shat on. But situations in my life seem to be sorted into "bad" pile many more times then into the "good" pile. It's really a matter of time before the straw breaks a camel's back, and that is what instigates a villain to do what they desire to do: blow shit up.

But villains need something very important. Not a gimmick, not a cool name, or a cool costume. No: Villains need a Hero. They need a person that is their exact opposite. It's like Jesus and Satan. Extreme good vs extreme evil. Sometimes, a villain is after a whole host of people or after the world and heroes just happen to keep running into the same one. I look at my life and I have no real hero. I keep thinking that I have found the perfect opposite of me: someone nice, whitey, everything I look for. But unfortunately either I am a wonderful villain or the series tanks and that person goes into obscurity. I never get the ultimate showdown, the epic battle, the Lost Wars. Nothing. I get a mediocre by-the-book separation and that's the end of that story arch. Sometimes the hero comes back in different attire or in a different take on the story, but it never holds up for more then a few weeks. In that same matter, I am never a major threat after a few months. I am just another convenient evil-doer who is there to mess up a party or a parade or a trip downtown. An awkward battle later and I'm some sort lesson about flossing or changing batteries in a car. Maybe in 20 years I'll get my justice and be reinvented or be portrayed on a major motion film and then AND ONLY THEN will I get the proper recognition.

Ever wonder why I based a character named Luvlis off myself? See above. Think. ...Good job.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to wait for that to happen. I want to be able to go downtown in a giant robot suit, smash some stuff up, and expect my other half to show up and try successfully to thwart me. But apparently that doesn't happen, and off into obscurity I go. And what do I get for it: a weird card in Trivial Pursuit, a crappy boss battle in a half assed video game, and a piss poor wikipedia page.

Hence, I am a villain with no hero. Infinite possibilities with no outlet.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com