Monday, May 25, 2009
My bionic arm!

Well, not even 24 hours after I vowed not to buy anything this week, I have found out that the new Bionic Commando has been released. The last one (the remake of the original) was about the only thing that got me through mid-terms last fall. 120 student papers sitting on the dining room table. UGH. By the time Nick got here and co-op'd a few levels with me the madness was over but my almost surreal BC addiction remained.

Anyone know anything about this game? Does it suck? Does it not suck? Is this a good time to practice frugality, or to toss it to the wind?

Here are some books I have read recently:

Michael Chabon, The Yiddish Policemen's Union: Pretty great!

Wells Tower, Everything Ravaged...: Pretty great! My favorite story here is one about a bar fight.

Here are some videos Sarah and I have watched recently:

ATHF Season 6: Not bad! Really the bonus materials are more hilarious than the prime attraction.

Choke: No Fight Club, but more enjoyable than internet reviews led me to fear.

What is the past tense of lead? I can never remember.

Last night I dreamt about Lucas and Andy Mullen. Was the dream x-rated? It might have been.

But it wasn't.

I have this day off and so does Sarah and it's the first time we've both been home all day in a while but what to do? It's a damn mystery. Go buy Bionic Commando? Well, maybe. More likely: nothing. Even the theme park option is out the window, as we haven't been in months but today the places are swarming (supposedly) due to the holiday. I used to be passionate about exploring the interesting districts of this city but now find it hard to give a fuck. Yes, we can go drive through the artsy neighborhoods but we're not going to meet anyone out of it and probably I'll just end up paying $20 for a plate of hummus and a couple drinks and a slice of cheesecake. Which really I guess doesn't sound too bad. 

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com