Tuesday, September 29, 2009
If you're wondering about our cat: she becomes more kickass with every day
Dave, it can't be that bad! Unless you shot someone. I was going to write, nothing's ever really over unless you shoot someone, and sometimes not even then, but then I thought, what if you did shoot someone.

Did you?

I parked on the street last night in a 2-hour (daytime) slot and got there with but two minutes to spare this morning. Not one but two! dorky bicycle pseudocops leaned on their rides on the sidewalk looking repeatedly at their watches as I approached and then rode off looking embarrassed as I keyed in and started the engine. They were too silly-looking to mess with, but as I walked up I considered saying these things:

"Not today, chiefy."

"I'll get you next time, Gadget!"

"Until we meet again."

Oh, they're such bastards! I appreciate parking enforcement of some kind in a congested area, but if it's so open that they can idle around cars that are approaching a time limit, maybe the parking isn't really an issue at that moment.


0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com