Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Flesh Gordon
Word homies.

I got on the computer after work today and the Gmail tab in Firefox was blinking "Tim says . . . " but there was no message. What were you trying to say Tim? Did you want me to dance for Kevin's amusement? I probably should. Last night, Kevin and his wife talked me through one of the biggest decisions I've made in recent days: Do I go to the hospital to get an x-ray?

Since Kevin's wife (we'll call her "Shannon"); Shannon is an x-ray nurse, I figured she could help me decide if it was an x-ray worthy injury. It was. I kinda had a feeling it was, but I wasn't 100% sure. I fell off a skateboard on Monday (the same day I bought the skateboard) and landed on my hand. I was flying headfirst over the nose of the skateboard at a pretty good clip and it was either my hand or my head that was going to meet the ground. I'm kinda glad it was the hand, although it may be the more useful of the two appendages.

Since I don't have insurance and I don't really have much money, I really didn't want to go to the hospital, but my hand was pretty swelled up and it hurt like a bastard. I didn't get much sleep most of Monday night because of the pain and work on Tuesday was rough. Shannon, and pretty much everything I read on the internet brought me to the same conclusion: Well, it might be broken. You'd have to have an x-ray to find out for sure.

So I got an x-ray and it isn't broken. It only cost $60, too, which was a lot less than I initially thought it would be. "$60, too" sort of looks like $60,000 out of the corner of your eye.

So . . . there is my dance. The skateboard dance. It was painful! Next topic: Jerk n' Off

On the schoolbus from Melrose to Albia, Jerk n' Off was the ultimate insult. If you accused someone of being a masturbator, it was tantamount to saying he was a fag or a nazi, or a killer of puppies or baby seals, or a slave salesman. I held jerk offs in the same regard then like I might now hold a pedophile or any other filthy perv. Self love was a deviant sexual orientation. I totally fell for the whole "Jerk n' Off" propaganda until about 7th grade, then . . . well, fuck, its been a slippery moral slope ever since.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com