Monday, December 14, 2009
Put This in Your Pipe and Eff Off
GI Joe was ridiculous, but much more true to the original than Transformers. I attribute this to the lack of Shia LeBeouff.

So Cameron and his $230mil remake of Fern Gully comes out this week. You may know it as Avatar, and not the Air Bender cartoon of the same name. I was curious, "why will it change movies forever?" as all the advertisements say in large CAPSLOCK fonts.

3d glasses. That's why.

Apparently, Cameron was so stoked about the power of 3d when he filmed the T2 Ride that he dusted off a script he wrote in 1994 and developed the camera system. (Annotation) So we'll have to see the film with those super shades. This is cool and all... except if you have an astigmatism. Like I do. In this case, I'll get a headache before I get my mind blown.

Am I nay-saying the movie before I see it? (I'm looking at you Kevin) Kind of. The whole technologically enhanced people invading the nature in-tuned indigenous people and one man changing his mind on who is right story has been played out like a German exchange student. I'll go see it, regardless. Cameron, to my knowledge, has yet to disappoint audiences yet. I do have an issue where a movie relies on the CG or the actors before it relies on the story aspects. (see any movie by Schuemaker & FF: Spirits Within, or even more so the Star Wars prequels)


On a different note, did any of you know who John Carter of Mars was before LXG and JLA? I bet your wikipedia'ing it right ...now.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com